The FBC Rising Program is designed to support high-school students lad their dream first-job or volunteer opportunity. The FBC Rising program operates from September to April and students will be required to attend a combination of 1:1 meetings and small group meetings, which will help the student grow in all areas of life. The key areas of growth will be: confidence, real-world experience and creating a plan for the future.
FBC believes in a world where vision loss is a diagnosis, not a disability. This is shown everyday through our programs from pre-school through retirement. FBC is excited to announce a new program, thanks to our partnership with Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS).
- Weekly meeting with FBC life coach.
- Monthly workshops covering a variety of topics.
- Access to a Teacher of the Visually Impaired, an Orientation & Mobility Instructor and Counselor outside of school hours.
- Teenagers who want to get their first job.
- Students who believe that they are capable of more.
- Young adults who have a growth mindset.
- Enrolled and in good standing with VR and have a current IPE.