SHARP Summer Camp will focus on the following areas and there is a field trip each week.
We utilize the brand new FBC Pulliam Gymnasium for rock climbing, sports, fitness and games!
ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING (ADL)
Learn about money and time management, cleaning, party planning, hygiene, cooking and more!
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE
Explore the technological world from iPads to computer braille and participate in exciting science experiments!
EXPANDED CORE CURRICULUM (ECC)
Advocacy, career exploration, braille and O&M instruction through fun, hands on activities!
How do I know if SHARP is right for my child?
We’ve established the following criteria for program participants:
- Have a visual impairment and receive services from a vision teacher.
- Are in school grades kindergarten– high school.
- Are predominantly independent (must be able to eat, toilet and dress themselves independently or with minimal assistance).
- Have an effective communication system (verbal, sign, augmentative) that they can use independently or with minimal assistance.
- Actively participate in a group setting without negatively impacting other group participants.
Inappropriate behaviors include:
- Running away
- Kicking, hitting, pinching or biting
- Displays of consistent defiant behavior (This includes, but is not limited to the following: constant refusal to stand in a line, constant refusal to participate in a variety of activities, constant refusal to abide classroom rules.
- Do not possess a serious medical problem that requires a nurse or qualified health aide for constant supervision.
“I LIKE MEETING OTHER KIDS LIKE ME AND GYMNASTICS.”
“I HAD SO MUCH FUN WHEN WE WENT ON FIELD TRIPS!”
“I REALLY LIKE COOKING AT SHARP, NOW I CAN MAKE MY OWN LUNCH.”
JUNE 6TH - JUNE 30TH
Monday through Thursday 9:00am - 2:00pm
SHARP is Extended School Year (ESY) and DDD qualified. Once you register, let your case manager know that your child will be coming to FBC for summer program.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
New! Sign up for the weeks you want
Register online or by phone
MARCH 1ST - MAY 1ST
To register by phone, call (602) 337-8259
PROGRAM COST IS $125 PER WEEK
Financial assistance may be available upon request.
If you need help with transportation we have van pick up/drop off points all over the valley. We do not offer door to door transportation. Transportation is provided at an additional cost of $15.00 per week.